Tianjin Design Week 2015
the selection is done!
for the luckiest participants...
...See you on friday 22!
In the twenty-first century, along with the rapid development of creative cultural industry and global creative economy, the strong promotion of the progress of the design industry has already became the new driving force of the economy.
The Competition of Design represents one of the most important subject in TDW: while it aims at supporting the potential of the young architects of the last generation, at the same time assist in the promotion of new ideas and the discovery of new talent.
The theme of Memories and Dreams can be examined from different perspectives, the participants can present projects regarding architectural design and industrial design (except for fashion design projects).
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENROLLMENT
Those who, on 12/01/2014, have not yet reached 40 years old (within, therefore, the fortieth year age) are invited to join the competition. There are no restrictions on nationality and on social class. Also students can participate; you can sign up as a group or as individual participant (if you sign up as a group, each member must not have yet reached the forty years ).
Only English and Chinese (simplified form) languages are allowed.
HOW TO PARTECIPATE
Participants must observe rules below:
- Your application should be received before the deadlines provided in the chinese official website of the International Design Week Tianjin (www.tdwtj.com); to enter the competition each candidate must register for it by filling out and submitting works in accordance with the requirements.
- Once you have submitted the application form, please confirm your reservation code that the Organizing Committee will have forwarded via e-mail. If you do not receive confirmation, please contact the Organizing Committee of the Competition
- Publication of principal information, from 15 February 2015 to 20 April 2015
Notice of competition will be published within these days through media.
- The registration period ends on the 20 April 2015
Please send the application form within those dates.
- The works presentation period goes from 18 February to 23 April in 2015.
Please send within these dates the works to the Organizing Committee, which then will select the finalists.
- First evaluation will be made on 25 April 2015 and the final evaluation will be made on 28 April 2015.
In these days the committee will evaluate and select the works, and then proceed to inform the winners.
- Organizing works for the exhibition, from 30 April to 15 may in 2015
Within these days, selected works will be prepared in order to attend the opening ceremony of the design competition in TDW and will be exhibited at the awards ceremony (those who will be selected, during this period will improve the work by adding sketches, 3D maps,by creating models, and consistent arguments).
4. 评审期间／初审 4月25日 终审 4月27-28日。
Gold Award (1 place) / certificate and a money prize of 20,000 RMB.
Silver Award (2 places) / certificate and a money prize of 15,000 RMB.
Bronze Award (5 places) / certificate and a money prize of 10,000 RMB.
Honor Award (10 places) / certificate.
The winner works will be exhibited at the International Design Week Tianjin (the method by which the public has selected the best works and issued certificates will be all shown), and they will participate in the opening ceremony and award ceremony of the design competition in TDW. The gold prize winner (in the case of group candidates , will be sent only one representative person ) will get free air ticket and accommodation. The winner work of design could gain the dignity of print.
The winners will receive a free patent from the organization commettee.
金奖 1名 获奖证书及奖金20000元人民币
银奖 2名 获奖证书及奖金15000元人民币
铜奖 5名 获奖证书及奖金10000元人民币
FIRST EVALUATION COMMETTEE
The evaluation committee consists of professors emeritus of the University of Tianjin and Beijing (3 people).
Final evaluation committee
- Masayuki Kurokawa (Japan President, Architecture and Engineering Design)
- European designers (TBD)
- Chinese designers (TBD)
If the three judges will not agree in judgment, the final decision will be taken by the Chief Judge.
TERMS OF THE WORKS IN COMPETITION
- The works made of panels (the panels should be displayed horizontally, in order to include all the contents), cannot be composed by more than two panels, concretely it’s required: jpg size for document in digital format ; layout contents can includes themes, images, layout diagrams, figures and captions (800-1000 characters); the use of diagrams, freehand drawings or computer drawings is not limited because in this way the creativity of the designers and the potential of the work can clearly be expressed; the layout specifications for design works are 1200x900 mm, with a resolution of 150dpi.
- If the finalists wants to provide the original image in order to exhibit and publish it, then it’s possible to use 300dpi resolution. In the design drawings must be specified, as follows, the role of each participant, the name (in English or pinyin) or symbols and logo connected to the participants
1．作品设计成展板形式(展板限定为横向，包括所有内容)， 最多不超过2张展板，具体展板要求： 作品为jpg格式的电子文 件; 版面内容包含主题、 效果图、必要的结构图、基本外观尺寸图及说明文字（800-1000字符）等；其中效果图表现手法不限，手绘、计算机等任何方式，能清楚表现设计者的创意 和设计即可；设计作品版面规格为1200x900mm，分辨率为150dpi精度。作品如果入围必须提供300dpi的原始图片，以供将来展示及出版用 途。
RIGHTS AND DUTIES
- This competition is non-profit .
- The organizing committee has the copyright on divulgation, exhibition, publication and on reproduction of works. The works used by the organizing committee will be signed by the author.
- The Committee is not required to return to any competitor participant materials submitted for the competition; it’s not possible to request any kind of reimbursement to the sponsors and to organizers of competition.
- The work must be original, there cannot exist similar works, it’s not possible violate the copyright of third parties or any other intellectual property right; if we find that the works that you declare do not meet the terms for participation in the competition, the relevant authority reserves the right to disqualify the participant, in any time of competition, and pick up awards already gained; all the expenses will be paid by the participant in question.
- If other participants will raise a question on intellectual property rights, the legal responsibility will be assumed by the participants themselves.
- For more directive on these rules please contact the organizing committee.
ORGANIZING COMMITTEE CONTACTS
Contact: Fulvia Gullo
Tel +86 1856 5263 768 (mobile)
联系电话： +86 1856 5263 768（手机）